Thank you for your visit. Please stay, read, and enjoy.
Who Are We
We are a group of people who wish to get the benefits known about how energy therapy plays an increasingly important role in the improvement of every day ordinary people’s lives.
Legal disclaimer - You are advised to consult with your medical practitioner before embarking on any course of alternative, complementary, or beauty therapy. Our use of systems that are trademarked or have a registered trademark represents our views and not necessarily those of the trademark owners. The use of our forum section is at your own risk, as it may contain advice and information from non-members, who may not share our point of view. Having said that, the methods of healing that you read about on this website may be still in an experimental stage and by using them, you take full responsibility for your own health. If you have a complaint about a member of the Association, please contact us.
We aim to give you a great experience of energy healing. We are based in South Africa, where our remit is to give energy healing, especially advanced modalities that are easy to learn and self-apply, like EFT, to anyone who needs it in the country. We have a plan as to how we can do so, and even before we were formed as a Non-Profit Company, we were already doing good work as a charity, like this treatment.
Our Newly-Formed Non-Profit Company
Company Registration Number – 2011/138175/08
Approved Courses and Trainings
The Energy Healers Association approves and accredits Reiki and EFT Healers and Practitioners and Masters To apply for membership, there are two routes with regards to your training:
- We can approve of individuals as such, after an interview, regardless of where you took your training. If you are a practitioner or a self-healer who would like our support and structure, please contact us Here to apply for membership, giving us your name, address, training, and contact telephone number.
- We can approve of individual teachers, schools, or colleges, and all their students. If you are a teacher, trainer, school, or college, please contact us Here to apply for approval, giving us your organization´s name, address, training that you wish to have approved by us, contacts, and contact telephone number.
What is healing? This is a word that has many misunderstandings. We are energy healers, and it is important to be recognized as healers in the right context, that of energy healing. Healing is:
- A journey, as well as a destination. Results may be immediate and lasting, or they may take time. This depends on the challenges to be solved, the healing modality used, and the physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual condition of the person seeking healing.
- Partial or complete.
- What we want to happen or what we do not expect or think should happen. For example, when healing a painful knee, we may get total relief immediately, or we may initially experience no noticeable improvement in the knee itself. We may suddenly be aware of a pain in the hip that is being helped, we may experience and improvement in our gait or posture, or we may release unexpected emotions. In other words, the healing may need to go to the level of root causes first. Another example for that knee may be that there is damage beyond repair, and so the healing helps us halt or slow down the progress of deterioration of this body part.
- Congruent with what is best for the situation. This is known as the Highest Good. It is not up to us to decide what is right for us. Energy Healing helps us to get clarity and steers us in the right direction for us and our situation.
- Holistic. When you attend a doctor appointment, your doctor will help you fix the symptom that is presenting. So a painful knee, after the appropriate tests, may be fixed with an operation on the knee. But this approach completely ignores any slight imbalance at the hips, for example, which can be the cause of the knee damage in the first place. Eventually, the knee can become damaged again, or the other knee, or the hip can become painful. So, an operation may be done on the other knee, or the hip. A holistic approach would be to help the knee and any root causes.
- Complementary to conventional medical treatment. For example, if you have an infection, it may be important to treat it with antibiotics. Energy healing helps you to be strong from inside, so you can fight off infections yourself in the future. Your practitioner can work with your doctor to ensure best results. Some doctors are also energy healing practitioners, although this is rare.
Healing is not:
- A cure in the medical sense of the word.
- Always in the direction we expect.
- Always for the preservation of life. For example, a terminally ill person can be helped to die in dignity and less discomfort by energy healing, rather than to live. It may be that a complete cure is not possible.
- Always to help terminally ill people die in dignity. It may well be that energy healing can help the person live for longer or even have a complete turnaround. However, it is best to approach healing with an open mind and a willing heart, and what will be will be.
- A substitute to appropriate medical care.
- Exclusive to any belief, creed, or religion.
What We Aim To Achieve
The Energy Healers Association is here to represent the energy practitioners and to promote the use of these modalities to help people to help themselves and help others to improve their lives and lifestyles to be better, healthier and to live longer. As the old saying goes, to have a health body, you need a healthy attitude. A positive proactive outlook is empowering millions of people today to live longer and be healthier because they are choosing to be proactive.
How You Benefit
By supporting the Energy Healers Association you benefit directly and indirectly because in this web site you can find resources to improve the quality of your life through various modalities, Reiki, EFT training and information from many other energy treatments and therapies. If you wish to donate, please let us know, maybe we could name a new charitable facility wing in your name. Seriously, we can do with your help and backing as for now memberships are free on invitation,donations are accepted.
Our members are well-trained people who choose to help others with various modalities that have shown to be effective and have been used for efficacious results for helping people overcome trauma, cope with HIV/AIDS issues, release allergy-like reactions and chronic pain, give up addictions such a smoking, hard drugs, behaviors such as anorexia, bulimia and also just for relaxation and maintenance. It is recommended that Practitioner members charge R400-1000 for up to 1-2 hours, and that members cam discount according to a sliding scale where needed. It is recommended that an energy exchange is always given, no matter how small it may seem.
Our Friends include the Traditional Healers Organisation in Johannesburg as well as other associations, both professional and private who have come on board to help promote this and benefit their members as well.
- The practitioner must adhere to client confidentiality (keeping a client’s secrets), unless a child is being seriously abused (such as sexually) or someone’s life is in danger (for example, if the client said they intend to kill their spouse that night).
- Personal details such as phone numbers, email addresses and addresses of clients are privileged information may not be sold or given out to marketing companies.
- Any details of the treatment are also confidential, and written permission from the client is required before using the information in an article or case study.
- Client details need to be stored securely under lock and key. If these details are on a computer, they need to be accessed with an alphanumeric password, which must also be securely placed.
- Client details need to be stored for a minimum of 7 years, in case they are needed for legal reasons.
- The client’s doctor may only be contacted with the client’s written permission.
- The practitioner must not practice in return for payment, or in a formal voluntary role (for example, working as a volunteer practitioner in a mental health or cancer charity), or in a free marketing or customer service role (for example, during a free talk) any modality in which they have not received formal training to practitioner level. If the practitioner wishes to practice without any financial or commercial reward a modality in which they have not received practitioner-level training, they must make it totally clear to their client that they do not have the appropriate training, be sure that they have permission from the client to do so, and must limit this practice to very close family and friends only. An exception to this is where the practitioner is doing a treatment under strict supervision, and according to the instruction of their trainer, whilst doing their professional-level training (for example, performing a Reiki case study as instructed by their Reiki Master).
- The Energy Healers Association reserves the right to approve or disapprove of professional-level training. This approval is subject to successful application from the practitioner and/or the training body.
- Sessions should take place in a safe and comfortable place.
- A client needs to be treated with the utmost respect and non-judgment: even if what they are saying goes contrary to the practitioner’s way of thinking.
- The issues need to be worked through without prejudice.
- A Practitioner is in a position of trust and must never cross inappropriate boundaries. This includes the touching of private parts and requests to disrobe (unless it is part of, for example, an additional massage treatment the practitioner is additionally qualified to practice and the client has already requested and agreed to).
- Children may be seen with the parent’s written permission. If the parents leave the child alone with the practitioner, it is recommended that the practitioner get an indemnity signed to cover for personal injury in cases where the child is a self-harming patient.
- Practitioners must never promise a cure for any problem.
- The doctor’s care takes precedence over the complementary practitioners’ care and it must never be recommended that they leave this care. With energy healing, you are addressing the underlying energetic patterns with the goal of bringing balance and harmony within the energetic field of the person, when the body’s energy field is balanced and flowing without disruption, the body can naturally heal itself. This does not replace medical care.
- There are instances where energy healing is not the most appropriate immediate or other action, particularly where the client is needing urgent hospitalization (medical emergency, such as heart attack), a danger to themselves (about to commit suicide), others (some extreme psychiatric cases). Here the nearest emergency room may be contacted or a crisis line may be phoned.
- Unless the practitioner is also a qualified nutritionist, dietitian, or other suitably qualified medical practitioner, they may not prescribe supplements or advise on nutrition. They may, however, recommend one of these professionals in appropriate circumstances e.g. anorexia.
Pre-treatment agreement between the practitioner and client: It is important to fully inform the client. They need to know about the possibility of the risk of an abreaction and allow them to have the opportunity to exit at this point and not have the treatment if that is their wish. Upholding the Energy Healers Association: There also needs to be the following agreement regarding the Energy Healers Association:
- To always represent the energy healing techniques approved by the Energy Healers Association and taught or trained by providers approved of by the Energy Healers Association.
- Not to take action that will be harmful or slanderous to the Energy Healers Association, any of its members or any of its approved healing methods. You should never bring the association into disrepute.
- Should there be wrong-doing by a member of the Association, the procedure is that members of the public and members of the Association report it to the committee, who will then decide upon appropriate action, after due process of a disciplinary committee hearing which could also include a monetary penalty and/or expulsion from the association.
Online, phone, and distant work:
- As part of the pre-treatment agreement, the practitioner will make the client aware of legal disclaimers. This is particularly pertinent when the session is conducted online via Skype or telephone.
- The practitioner and client must understand:
- -the risks, benefits and alternatives to online, phone, and distant work, for example, differing laws across country or state borders.
- -that every effort will be made to keep information confidential. However no internet or phone communication can be completely free from those that hack, but the practitioner undertakes to keep information secure on his/her side. The client needs to do the same.
- -that the practitioner’s qualifications have been openly shared and that there is agreement to work together under this knowledge.
- Practitioners will follow and abide by any disciplinary decisions made by the committee of the Energy Healers Association, which may include expulsion.
- The main concerns in the rare occurrence of disciplinary action are to protect the public and uphold the reputation of the association and all its members who abide by its Codes and Ethics.
- Please make yourself familiar with the Disciplinary Procedures by downloading them here: DISCIPLINARY PROCEDURE ENERGY HEALERS ASSOCIATION